Wednesday, September 19, 2012

YouTube it: Thing Six

For "Thing Six" we are ask to explore a Web 2.0 tools from the awards list. For this particular blog posting I chose YouTube. Yes, just as everyone else, YouTube is nothing new to me however I find this tool very useful for everyday life. YouTube not only has videos for entertainment but many videos that can be related to any class or subject that a student needs help with. There are instructional videos for how to use Smart Boards or even helpful hints with any math class. In many ways one can like this tool and there are not any dislikes I find in this tool myself. It gives users the opportunity to create an account with no cost. Even if a user does not have an account of his or her own, one can still explore other accounts their friends or family may have. When searching a video, other videos appear that are similar that may help you or entertain you. Whenever you explore other videos and information users give out, you can create an account and give back by sharing your own information or videos you may think the world needs to see. As already stated, YouTube is also useful for school-related topics. You can search any subject or problem you are learning in class and find many instructional videos to help you out. YouTube is one Web 2.0 tool that can keep students interested in not only entertainment but learning as well!

4 comments:

  1. YouTube has been a lifesaver for me too. I have a music class also and when I leave my cd's at home, I have been able to pull up youtube to listen to the songs. It's great, free, and very convenient!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Youtube is one of the most amazing things that has happened to humanity. It has all kinds of videos, but not only for entertainment, but for instructional purposes as well. They van be a very useful tool. It is a way to show students videos and sometimes there are some reallly creative ones you can use. It is definitely great tool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you, because nowadays when people need help YouTube is always there to help out. Just the other day, I learned how to tie dye T-shirts for my a demonstrative speech I had in Public Speaking. They can help can also help introduce a new materials like you said. Or say if there is a short documentary you like the students to view. YouTube is really a useful tool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't use YouTube often, but it has a video for pretty much anything you could ever think of. I agree that it is a great tool to use in the classroom. I believe it could be used at any grade level and beyond.

    ReplyDelete