Wednesday, September 12, 2012

I am only a beginner: Thing One

This is my first time blogging and I would like to take a few sentences to describe this experience. For starters, it is definitely a learning process for me whenever it comes to technology in general. So, as a non-efficient technology girl I had to take careful steps with beginning the 2.0 web tools. It is hard setting up a blog to me because there are so many tools, gadgets, and work that go into a blog. Creating a name and getting started was just the beginning! However, I know as a teacher-to-be it will benefit me in later years. I can keep my blog to discuss experiences when I am actually working in the classroom later. I can give and receive feedback from other teachers who also blog. Though hard to dive into use with, web 2.0 tools will help with my career.
For "Thing One" I had to watch a short tutorial about the 7 1/2 habits for lifelong learning. Each habit is beneficial and inevitable for teachers but out of the 7 1/2 habits I will describe which was easiest and which was hardest. Habit number 1 is what I, personally, found easiest. Habit number 1 stated, "beginning with the end in mind." I may be a somewhat slow learner, but I am good at planning and setting myself goals. As a teacher, setting goals for not only me but my students is just what I plan on doing. Habit number 6 is the habit I found the hardest. Habit number 6 stated, "use technology to your advantage." I already said that it is a learning process whenever it comes to technology so I am nervous whenever I am told the best thing to do is use technology as much as possible. I have talk to a couple of teachers who say they personally do not feel the need for much technology in their classrooms so I always figured I could be the same way. However by week 3 in my Education 3040 class, I have learned that will not and should not be the case.


No comments:

Post a Comment