Wednesday, September 19, 2012

School 2.0 future: Thing Five

Web 2.0 tools are the next step in developing technology in the education world. From what I have read, many 2.0 sites are promoting the use of these tools for not only teachers, but the students and parents as well. So far, I have enjoyed using the Web 2.0 tools because it has given me a broader since as to how technology now fits into education.
To me, the term "School 2.0" means turning education to a new direction in technology for students. In the article I read, Web 2.0: A Guide For Educators, it stated that students between ages 12 and 17 use social networking for communicating about everything, including school-related issues. Web 2.0 can help students become much more interested into school and learning because of the tools they can use. 
Schools in the future will have students using Web 2.0 for school as much as Facebook for social issues. Students may even excel in the classroom and achieve higher grades because they will be up to date with new information and what is going on in the classroom when he or she is not present. Web 2.0 will introduce a future of new learning!

1 comment:

  1. I haven't looked into too many web 2.0 tools for the classroom yet, but I definitely agree with you that students will be using them in whatever way possible in the future. I think that students are more likely to show an interest in something that relates to them, and we all know that most every student is interested in technology and things such as facebook!

    ReplyDelete