Friday, October 5, 2012

Spell with flickr: Thing Eight

Thing Eight ask us to use a mash up and create something new for our blog. I decided to use Spell with flickr. I believe this was a very fun tool to use. All I had to do was type in a word and it spelled it out for me, easily! After your word appears, you can change the image of the letter that appears by simply clicking on that letter. There are many images for letters you can choose from.
I chose the word EDUCATION for my image. I tried to choose an image that reflects learning and teaching in some way for each letter as well. This tool could be used for simply teaching spelling to students in the classroom. If I could have exploring all the different possibilities, I know elementary children will too. This could get my students excited to spell. Each week I could assign each student a word or two from the spelling list and have them use this tool to create a new image on a word they learned that week! It would definitely get my students to thinking and having fun at the same time!
           
           

No comments:

Post a Comment