Monday, October 8, 2012

Google Translate: Thing Twelve

For Thing Twelve, I explored different Google tools that are offered. Apparently, Google is also used for many different searches, as well as keywords. There is Google Calendar, Google Translate, and Google Alert. I myself, tried out the Google Translate. I translated "Good morning" in English to Irish. In Irish it is "Dea-maidin". I found this as an interesting tool. The link to my creation is below.
I find this particular Google tool useful to incorporate in the classroom. When teaching Social Studies, when learning about other cultures, such as African heritage and Kwanzaa, students must learn about he language Swahili. This would be a fun tool to pull up in my lesson and let students name off words to translate in Swahili. It is always awesome to find another useful and fun tool to use in my future classroom!

2 comments:

  1. My SPED 3000 teacher resently told our class a story about one classroom she had visited. There was a girl who had just moved from some foreign country, I can't remember what country right now, and the girl could not speak english well at all. My teacher pulled up google translate and started asking the girl questions through that program. By the end of the day the girl and my teacher had really bonded and learned alot about each other. My teacher was the first person to realize to use google translate with her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a neat story! I am glad I learned something new as to how Google translate can be useful. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete