Monday, December 3, 2012

Social Networking: Thing Eighteen

For Thing Eighteen, we are asked to explore the wonderful social networking sites such as Twitter and Facebook. 
I myself have tried Twitter once before, however I did not like it as much as I do Facebook. 
And yes, I do have a Facebook just like everyone else on the planet. 
Take a look at my Facebook page if you would like :)
I do enjoy having a Facebook. Although I do feel it can be a distraction at times and could cause problems for people in the real life and not just the social life. However, it is important for children or students to stay social throughout life. Socializing is important in a young person's learning life. 
I do not think any schooling should be linked to Facebook, because it is just for socializing rather than real academic work. Unless one wants to make Facebook for academic learning.
And in that case, it would be great for a student to learn and   

2 comments:

  1. I agree that the main objective for Facebook is to socialize with other people and it can definitely become distracting for some!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is for me! I have to limit myself to so much of it every week!

      Delete